Thursday 21 November 2013

First experiment

 To start off the experimentation, I decided to make something that could link to Francis Bacon's style. I drew an outline of a human head and gradually deformed it by adding a lot of marks to the drawing. First, I used some blue ink to mark out the basic shape and some shadows, and to continue the line control practice, I drew with a thin stick, instead of a paint brush. I then used charcoal to draw on top of the ink and start adding more shadows and texture. At the end, just to finish off, I also used white acrylic paint in some places. I tried to use lumps of paint to add a "dripping effect" and some more texture, especially on the left side of the drawing, to create contrast with the right side, which is mainly black.


No comments:

Post a Comment