Thursday 17 October 2013

Traces brief continuation (3)

Continuing my work on the theme of memories I tried to combine techniques and different ways to make the pictures "fade".
Below, still using Maaike Schoorel's work as influence, I used very light and limited colours. I think it turned out quite well and is harder to see, but I could have used a bit of a different background colour than white, perhaps a really light yellow or orange.
 
Here I tried removing the human figures and only using the outline created by paint.


I also made some mono prints and tried painting on top of some of them.
This picture was meant to portray a person in the forest. I quite like the patterns that were created by the trees and their shadows, the whole piece looks messy and disjointed. 

 
Here I tried to combine pen and pencil sketches with oil pastels
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment