Thursday 12 December 2013

Final piece

 

 Final Piece Making

For my final piece I decided to use two baby pictures of me and my brother to represent old memories. I had two pieces of wooden card, that were slightly bigger than A3 format. I painted them with white acrylic paint to have a clear background.
 
 
At first, the ink I used for the outline didn't come out strong enough on the painted background, so I had to work in layers. Luckily, the ink would dry quite fast, so I didn't have to wait long before applying another layer.

 
At the end, I also added some red acrylic here and there to make the ink a little darker.
Just like in one of my previous studies, I wanted to make the portrait look quite deformed, with a lot of marks and dripping paint, to represent an old memory that is slowly being destroyed/decaying, as well as link to my artist research.
 
 
When the ink was dry I started to draw some patterns with charcoal, trying to apply it in a way that will make the red ink stand out more. I used more on the right side, to indicate shading and create contrast with the left side that has much more white. I also went over some of the charcoal with black ink for stronger contrast.
 
 
For the second piece I used the picture of my brother. I wanted to use a different color ink this time, to indicate that it is a different person. Blue is a cold color, so it shoud create some contrast with warm red.

 
I repeated the process like before, adding layers of ink and acrylic paint.

 
 
Finished pieces will be mounted onto the wall this week.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment